Thick Array of Paper

What am I thinking? Thick array of paper? That's a heavy book! It's literally and allegorically heavy. 500 pages thick and weighs about a kilogram. That's the heaviest book I've ever had in my backpack (for now).

Morris Mano sure had nothing to do that he wrote a book that thick and heavy. Worse, I have to read the whole book during the first semester. It's okay if this Mano's book's a comic book: This one's a Digital System book! When I was in high school, I had a book that's more than a kilo but it was for the whole high school, which means 3 academic years.

My first skim on the book gave me its first impression: wrong book for wrong guy. I don't read that kind of book. The Digital Design, mine is 4th edition, gives every single thing you could never imagine before. This "array of papers" treatise Digital System from the basic until the depth.

Back to its weight. Plus my laptop and the other reference books for Digital System lecture, my backpack holds a total 4-5 kilos on Mondays. What a disastrous book...

0 comments: